Chocolate and Valentine’s Day are meant to go together. To help celebrate Valentine’s Day I’m sharing my recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites. You got chocolate in my peanut butter! You got peanut butter in my chocolate! OH yes I did! Part truffle and part cookie, these super tasty no-bake treats are simple to prepare. In fact, you probably have the ingredients in your pantry and can whip these up tonight!
Bittersweet chocolate, heart-healthy whole grain rolled oats, all-natural peanut butter, and just a touch of butter are combined to make a semi-healthy, decadent, and delicious treat. Some folks like desserts like cakes, pies, and cookies, but I’m predominantly a chocolate fan. I like cakes, pies, and cookies, too—but for me, the best desserts are chocolate and the darker the better!
Dark chocolate is actually good for you—in moderation. It’s the best medical news since they figured out that bloodletting with leaches doesn’t work! Dark chocolate contains antioxidants and they help protect the body from damage caused by harmful molecules called free radicals that are implicated in heart disease, cancer, and other ailments.
These bites are full-flavored and rich enough, that one (or two) means satisfaction. What better way to show your special Valentine that you love them than with heart-healthy chocolate!? Thanks for reading.
If you give these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites a try, let me know what you think! Need even more chocolate in your life? Check out my Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding on Food Network and my rich and creamy Chocolate Pots de Crème.
Bon Appétit Y’all
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
- 3 1/2 cups whole grain rolled oats
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter stirred
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking sheet, parchment, or wax paper. Set aside. In a medium saucepan combine the oats, peanut butter, chocolate, butter, and salt over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are well-combined. Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Set aside to firm up and set. They can be stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 1 week.
Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. (That means I make a commission if you use my affiliate link to buy the product.)
If you are interested in hosting me for a speaking engagement, event, cooking class, or a book signing, let me know! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be back in touch as soon as possible.
Please be nice. Unauthorized use and/or duplication is prohibited. All photos and content are copyright protected. If you wish to republish this recipe, please link back to this recipe on virginiawillis.com. Thanks so much!